UK-Top 100 law firm Bevan Brittan has delivered a strong showing in this year’s Chambers & Partners 2021 guide, the highly regarded independent guide to the legal profession.
In the newly published guide, the firm has increased its Band 1 practice areas to six, adding the new ‘Employment: Employer: Healthcare’ category to the five areas ranked as Band 1 last year. The firm has achieved rankings in 14 other practice areas.
Individually, Bevan Brittan’s lawyers have performed exceptionally well, with 34 partners ranked, including ten named in the top Band 1 level.
Band 1 practice areas:
- Clinical Negligence: Mainly Defendant (UK-wide)
- Employment: Employer: Healthcare (London)
- Healthcare (UK-wide)
- Local Government (UK-wide)
- Social Housing (South West)
- Social Housing (North East & Yorkshire)
Band 1 lawyers:
- Alastair Currie (Employment: Employer: Healthcare),
- David Owens (Healthcare: Corporate/Commercial)
- Hugo Stephens (Social Housing)
- Joanne Easterbrook (Clinical Negligence: Mainly Defendant)
- Jodie Sinclair (Employment: Employer: Healthcare)
- Julian Hoskins (Employment)
- Julie Cowan-Clark (Social Housing)
- Louise Leaver (Social Housing: Finance)
- Richard Stirk (Social Housing)
- Sarah Lamont (Employment)
Collectively, these rankings reflect the depth and breadth of the firm’s expertise across a wide range of practice areas across the UK.
Commenting on these strong results, Managing Partner Duncan Weir said:
“I am delighted that we have not only maintained but improved on our performance within the Chambers guide and that our market leadership in local government, healthcare and social housing has been recognised once again.
“At Bevan Brittan we have always had a strong Employment practice and this team thoroughly deserves this Band 1 ranking, which recognises the quality of their workforce advice across the NHS, independent health and social care.
“Coupled with this team recognition, I would like to congratulate the 34 talented lawyers who have been ranked this year and following our impressive Legal 500 rankings, these results underline how we are providing our clients with high quality advice to support them through the challenges they face during this time of uncertainty.”