I specialise in public and administrative law including Judicial Review challenges, as well as regulatory law. A key part of my experience also includes acting for public bodies in a civil litigation context. Highlights include:
- Acting for the Bar Standards Board in relation to a Judicial Review challenge to the Legal Services Board's decision to approve the Quality Assurance Scheme for Advocates (QASA) in the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court (Lumsdon and others v. Legal Services Board (Defendant) and Bar Standards Board (Interested Party) and others  UKSC 41);
- Working within a team acting on behalf of 369 local authorities in respect of restitution claims brought by a large number of property search companies;
- Acting for the Bar Council and the Law Society in an intervention into the Supreme Court case of R (on the application of Hemming and others) v. The Lord Mayor and Citizens of Westminster  UKSC 25;
- Acting for the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) in relation to a Judicial Review challenge to the scope of the LGO's jurisdiction and the LGO's guidance on remedies in both the High Court and Court of Appeal (R (NR) v. Local Government Ombudsman  EWCA Civ 1407); and
- Acting for a group of six local authorities in relation to a Judicial Review challenge to DCLG's decision in respect of the local government finance settlement.
I provide training around Judicial Review and principles of good decision making. I am a member of the British and Irish Ombudsman Association.
I spent seven months on secondment to the in-house legal team at the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) in 2016/17, and six months on secondment to the in-house legal team at the University of Oxford in 2017/18.