I am an employment solicitor who predominantly specialises in representing clients within the NHS and various police forces.
I advise on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious issues, in particular supporting clients with the defence of employment tribunal claims. I have experience in successfully defending claims of wrongful and unfair dismissal, disability and race discrimination, breach of contract, and alleged detriment as a result of whistleblowing. I have also been instructed by clients to undertake investigations into disciplinary and grievance related issues or to investigate whistleblowing concerns which have been raised by employees.
I work closely with clients’ HR teams to manage complex internal matters as they arise so as to help them to achieve the best possible result in the most practical yet sensitive manner. I also provide support with the drafting of internal documents such as contracts of employment and policies, and routinely advise on the drafting of settlement agreements.
I enjoy providing training to clients on a wide range of topics and have always received extremely positive feedback on my inclusive yet informative style of presenting.
- Successfully defending a whistleblowing detriment and unfair dismissal claim from a litigant-in-person, resulting in the claim being struck out and a substantial recovery of the client’s legal costs of defending the claim.
- Undertaking a substantial role in the preparation and drafting of a high-profile and politically sensitive investigation report into whistleblowing allegations of bullying and intimidation by the leadership team of an NHS Trust.
David's areas of expertise
- Housing & Regeneration
- Independent Health
- Employment, Pensions & Immigration
- Employment contracts and policies
- Employment advisory support
- Whistleblowing and raising concerns
- Equalities, diversity and discrimination
- Employment disputes and litigation
- Workforce restructuring and agile working