I'm an Information Law lawyer advising public and private sector clients on a wide range of data issues. In particular, I regularly assist clients by:
- Assisting client to prepare for the incoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) including undertaking gap analysis exercises, preparing documentation such as policies, protocols, precedent and sharing/processing agreements, and advising on the legality of processing activities under the GDPR.
- Providing advice on large scale, complex data sharing arrangements, commercial agreements including the processing of data overseas and the use of data processors. Advising on the data implications of digital marketing and business intelligence.
- Advice on handling data breaches, including making representations to the ICO in respect of investigations and potential enforcement action.
- Assisting with complicated and voluminous subject access requests and other individual data rights.
- Advising on complex and/or high profile requests under the Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations, including the application of exemptions from disclosure and the public interest test. Often this involves weighing up the public's right to know with individuals' right to privacy.
- Advising on and responding to Information Commissioner's Office referrals appeals to the First-Tier and Upper-Tier Tribunals.