I specialise in defendant clinical negligence and medical malpractice. I act for NHS Trusts, Insurers and private providers of healthcare on a broad range of claims involving various disciplines including bariatric surgery, mental health and prison healthcare.
I trained at Bevan Brittan before qualifying with another firm in 2011. I returned to Bevan Brittan in 2013 and have specialised in defending clinical negligence and medical malpractice ever since. I have wide experience of advising clients at all stages of claims, both pre-action and in proceedings, and have fought many cases to Trial. I have spent time on secondment NHS Resolution and in the legal department of a large London NHS Foundation Trust.
I have particular expertise in consent issues surrounding fertility treatment and legal parenthood, and advised the clinics involved in many of the leading cases in this area.
Reported cases including:
- X v Y (St Bartholomew's Hospital Centre for Reproductive Medicine Intervening)  EWFC 13
- The Matter of the HFEA (A and Others)  EWHC 2602
- Case L (Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 2008)  EWHC 2266
- O (A Child) (Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 2008: Adoption Revocation)  EWHC 2273 (Fam)
- Case V (Human Fertilisation And Embryology Act 2008)  EWHC 2356 (Fam)
- In the Matter of the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 2008 (Cases AI and AJ)  EWHC 3351 (Fam)