I am an employment lawyer, primarily advising independent health and social care organisations, NHS Trusts and charities on both contentious and non-contentious employment issues.
I have experience of defending employment tribunal litigation including unfair dismissal, breach of contract, discrimination and whistleblowing claims. I also have experience of working as part of a larger litigation team on complex litigation matters.
My non-contentious work involves drafting policies and procedures and contracts of employment, advising clients on a range of employment law issues such as redundancy, termination of employment and severance agreements, grievance and disciplinary processes and supporting independent investigations, either on a standalone basis or via our Associates Network which is made up of independent external workforce consultants. During the Covid-19 pandemic, I have also advised clients on a variety of Covid-19 related employment issues.
Lucy's areas of expertise
- Independent Health
- Social Care
- Employment, Pensions & Immigration
- Associates Network
- Contingent workforce and the gig economy
- Employment contracts and policies
- Employment advisory support
- Whistleblowing and raising concerns
- TUPE and outsourcing
- Equalities, diversity and discrimination
- Employment disputes and litigation
- Workforce restructuring and agile working
- Health workforce
- Combatting Sexual Harassment Training
- Employment Law Training Unit