Please note that my name has been used recently in an inheritance scam. Typically the emails inform recipients that they have been certified as a beneficiary of the estate and resources of the “Late Craig Sharp” and infer that they are to receive benefits from the estate. Other names mentioned include “Craig Ford”, “Craig Oberhaus”, and “Craig Laurente”. Please note that the emails are not genuine, and the scam has been reported to the SRA, who have published a warning on their website here.
I am a healthcare and higher education property specialist. I have been acting for the NHS and other healthcare organisations for over 20 years, and I specialise in supporting and advising my clients on all aspects of their property portfolios and projects, in particular, NHS trusts and foundation trusts, independent and voluntary sector providers of healthcare services, as well as national bodies such as the Department of Health NHS England and NHS Blood and Transplant.
I have extensive experience in advising on and structuring estates arrangements within joint venture and PPP projects, surplus land disposals, keyworker accommodation schemes, third party development projects and all aspects of estates regularisation and rationalisation.
I am recognised for providing cost-effective, pragmatic and frequently business-critical advice to my clients, and in structuring my advice within the wider context of NHS guidance and legislation where applicable. I lecture widely on topical healthcare property issues, and I have a particular interest in sustainability and green lease issues and their impact on the built environment.
In addition to lecturing, I have authored articles on the NHS estate in both the Health Service Journal and Estates Gazette, on subjects including strategic asset management for NHS providers and on the reorganisation of the NHS primary and community estate.
- Lead partner on a ten year estates reconfiguration programme across over 120 sites for a leading NHS Ambulance Trust;
- Over £100m of keyworker accommodation joint venture development projects for many NHS trusts across London and the South East;
- Lead partner on first ever NHS leasehold acquisition of a private hospital site;
- Property lead for US private sector provider on one of the largest ISTC joint venture schemes nationwide;
- Retail concourse joint ventures and developments for NHS Trusts throughout London and the South of England;
- Numerous complex site disposals and acquisitions, including the first ever NHS sale and leaseback to an offshore unit trust.