I am a commercial/projects lawyer advising on large-scale infrastructure projects and complex services contracts within the energy, environment, infrastructure, and regeneration sectors.
I provide specialist advice relating to decentralised energy projects, district heat/power, energy efficiency, climate emergency planning/delivery, and renewable technologies, to a range of clients including private energy companies, publicly-owned ESCOs, local authorities, registered providers, and NHS Trusts.
Before qualifying, I was a Change Project Manager and Freelance Consultant working across a number of industries/sectors including property development and specialising in sustainable development. I have also advised on all aspects of organisational and operational development and have developed and managed agile and waterfall projects from London to the South West.
I have conducted research, presented, and authored reports, articles and press releases on both legal and non-legal topics.
Climate Emergency - Have you thought about: New Housing?
Climate Emergency - Have you thought about: Retrofitting your housing stock?
Highlights of current and recent experience:
- Advised on numerous decentralised energy projects across the UK including district heat/power projects for the London Boroughs of Barking & Dagenham, Haringey, and Sutton; provided advice relating to vires, procurement, State Aid, funding (e.g. HNIP), regulations, and contractual arrangements.
- Advised Argent on the nationally significant Brent Cross South project in relation to a number of key contractual arrangements (e.g. concession agreement, plot connection agreements, and supply agreements) for the large-scale decentralised energy solution.
- Advised on the first three flag-ship energy efficiency retro-fit projects in the UK using the EnergieSprong model including acting for the private sector solution provider Engie, the registered housing provider Nottingham City Homes, and the lead local authority partner Devon County Council.
- Advised a number of NHS Trusts in relation to the design, build, operation and maintenance arrangements for new energy generation and distribution solutions including for renewable sources and combined heat and power (CHP) including under the Carbon and Energy Fund (CEF) model.
- Advised the London Borough of Hackney on two significant multi-use (residential, commercial, and schools) regeneration schemes for the Otto and Makers projects including advice on both the energy and soft/hard FM services arrangements.
- Advised a key City Council on its exit and procurement strategies for its waste services including for a large energy from waste (EFW) plant.
- Presented on the District Heat (Metering & Billing) Regulations 2017 at the Secure Meters District Heat event in Manchester.
- Founder member of, and author for, Bevan Brittan’s Climate Emergency response working group.