- Career highlights
As a Legal 500 recommended non-contentious construction Partner, I have a strong track record in advising developers, purchasers, tenants, funders and contractors with a focus on residential, commercial and mixed use development schemes.
I act for clients in a wide range of fields advising both private and public bodies on construction documentation from inception to (non-contentious) settlement of disputes and providing construction input on the drafting and negotiation of property and finance documentation.
My specialism involves the full life-cycle of construction documentation including:
- Building Contracts (both industry standard such as JCT, NEC3 and ICE/ICC as well as bespoke agreements)
- Development Agreements
- Development Management Agreements
- Sale and Purchase Agreements
- Agreements for Lease
- Joint Venture Documentation
- Professional Team Appointments
- Collateral Warranties
- Third Party Rights
- Letters of Intent
- Letters of Reliance
- Performance Bonds and Guarantees
- Due Diligence Checks for purchasers, tenants and funders
- Acting for the developer for a £600 million build of a 63 storey tower development in the City of London. Initially working on the construction elements of the purchase of the site and then on the drafting and negotiation of all construction documentation for the development.
- Acting for an asset manager with connections in the Gulf on the redevelopment of two commercial office developments in the City of London involving the drafting and negotiation of the demolition contract, appointments and building contract and further negotiations with the funder to obtain approval of the construction documentation together with payment guarantees required by the contractor.
- Acting for various residential developers in drafting and negotiating construction documentation for several large scale and strategic developments of eventually 1500 - 2500 units.
- Acting for a local authority in developing a suite of construction and fit-out documentation for the redevelopment and extension of all the authority's care home facilities.
- Drafting all the construction documentation for a listed pharmaceutical PLC’s substantial extension in Surrey.
- Acting for a mid-tier specialist engineering company on all of the construction aspects of the company’s new global headquarters.
I have published articles in Building and Construction News.