I specialise in advising clients on the procurement, funding and delivery of new facilities in the Health and Local Government sector. I lead our work in the delivery and structuring of EU procurement processes for the creation of public private partnerships (PPP) and bespoke JV arrangements to deliver new health facilities.
I have 15 years of experience advising the public and private sector on establishing a range of PPPs, including large acute health PFI schemes, Strategic Estate Partnerships in Health and Local Asset Backed Vehicles in Local Government, that combines housing, schools and leisure for regeneration. My experience includes leading our team advising on the structuring, procurement and delivery of the national Regional Health Infrastructure Companies (RHIC) Programme for the Department of Health & Social Care, to deliver a range of health and social care facilities across England.. I continue to advise the public sector on operational PFI/PPP matters.
Following secondment to Community Health Partnerships, established to deliver the NHS LIFT initiative, I have delivered over 45 NHS LIFT schemes since 2003. I continue to advise on new projects as well as on LIFT variations.
I am experienced in advising NHS clients on commercial contracts and projects from inception, shaping the procurement strategy and commercial arrangements, to drafting and negotiating the suite of legal documentation to deliver a range of clinical and non-clinical facilities. My experience and expertise includes advising on all aspects of the procurement process, the suite of procurement and legal documentation and business case requirements. I advise on the delivery of new acute hospitals, integrated health and social care facilities and arrangements with third party providers for new diagnostic facilities, imaging equipment, car parking and key worker housing.
I currently advise NHS clients on new capital projects, supporting the development of business cases, procurement and contract strategy, including those identified in HIP1 and HIP 2. I lead our work on key worker housing schemes for the public sector.
I am a regular panelist alongside other industry experts considering how healthcare facilities of the future can be funded and delivered and was part of the team that won the Health Investor Awards for “Legal Advisor of the Year” for the Public Sector in 2017 and 2018.
I am ranked as a leading lawyer in health by Legal 500 (2019).
I was also nominated in the Public Sector, Individual (London) category at the Legal 500 2019 awards.
I have contributed articles to the Health Investor magazine and Health Service Journal.
- Advising on the North Bristol NHS Trust Southmead Hospital Redevelopment, the first health PFI to be delivered using competitive dialogue and the application of HMT guidance for senior debt funding competitions.
- Leading our practice advising on the establishment of Strategic Estate Partnerships for the public and private sector to fund and deliver health and social care facilities.
- Leading our practice advising on Local Asset Backed Vehicles, including advising the public sector on Slough LABV.
- Leading our team on the structuring, procurement and delivery of the Regional Health Infrastructure Companies (RHIC) Programme, formerly Project Phoenix, to deliver a range of health and social care facilities across England. Advising on the national suite of procurement and contractual documentation (Partnering Agreement, Shareholders Agreement and Project Agreement) for the RHIC Programme.
- Advising a number of NHS clients on the redevelopment of the NHS estate to fund and deliver new healthcare facilities. Currently advising Imperial Healthcare NHS Trust on the significant redevelopment of St. Mary’s Hospital, Paddington.
Rosemary Jago is adept at handling public private partnership (PPP) procurements, new infrastructure arrangements such as strategic estates partnerships and joint ventures; she has helped ‘shape the commercialisation of the NHS asset market