We are specialist legal and commercial advisers in the waste and resource management sector. We are specialists in the development of merchant waste infrastructure and waste PFI/PPP. We have advised on all forms of energy from waste plants, including advanced conversion technologies, moving grate and anaerobic digestion.
Our experience includes:
- helping clients manage all the relevant waste streams - both municipal and commercial waste, RDF/SRF, biomass and clinical waste
- new project delivery models
- new waste treatment technologies
- resource efficiency programmes
- smart cities projects
- flood protection and coastal defences
We are market leaders in the combined heat and power sector. We have helped deliver a significant number of CHP and district energy projects which use waste heat from energy from waste plants as a valuable fuel for homes and commercial properties.
The latest Waste news and articles can be found at Bevan Brittan's Insight Information Hub
Bevan Brittan provided a quality legal service throughout the procurement working seamlessly with the Viridor in house legal team contributing significantly to the success of this project.
We find solutions to client needs and resolve disagreements.
Our clients include Government departments and agencies, local authorities, leading waste management companies, banks and equity funders, project developers, technology providers and others in the waste management supply chain.
Our specialist team can help you with:
- Energy from waste
- Waste management infrastructure - MBT, MHT, MRFs
- Waste PFI/PPP procurements, contract variations and renegotiations
- Waste supply arrangements
- Engineering procurement and construction (EPC) contracts
- Power purchase agreements
- Energy subsidy – CfD, RO, RHI and FIT
- Heat networks and district energy
- Waste collection and environmental services
- Merchant plant considerations
- Fuelled renewable energy plants
- Recycling and reprocessing plants
- Offtake contracts
- Environmental regulation
- Health and safety issues
- Planning and permitting
- Environmental law
- Project refinancing
- Secondary market transactions
- Cost and efficiency savings
- Dispute mitigation and management – EPC and operational issues
- Contract termination issues
- Asset handback
- Workforce and employment law
Waste Management Projects
Advising 4R Group on a number of legal and operational issues in relation to 2 separate Waste Management PFI/PPP projects. 4Group (and its subsidiary, 4R Recycling) provide waste management, environmental and recycling services to Renewi PLC as part of 2 separate PFI/PPP projects.
Project Green Waste PPP and Trident Park Energy Recovery Facility
We advised Viridor Waste Management Limited on a complex Waste Public Private Partnership (PPP) Contract for Project Green - a partnership of five local authorities from across South Wales. The PPP contract will see 172,000 tonnes of waste per year from the five authorities treated at Viridor’s Energy Recovery Facility (ERF) at Trident Park in Cardiff. In respect of the ERF, we advised on £223 million Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contract with CNIM/ Lagan Construction, a judicial review and planning matters.
Cemex Climafuel Production Plants
We advised Cemex on a complex partnership with Suez for the development of alternative fuel production plants across various sites in the UK, including Malpass Farm, Rugby. The plants will create Climafuel - an innovative SRF produced from domestic, commercial and industrial waste.
Waste Collection and Recycling Claim
Advising a local authority on a claim for £1.4 million against a former Contractor under a Waste Collection and Recycling Services Contract for sums due from a failure to provide accurate Retendering Information.
Bevan Brittan advises Peabody on joint venture for South Thamesmead redevelopment
Phase 2View all News
Naughty, naughty – breaching orders in the Court of Protection
Bevan Brittan Education Lunchtime Training Webinars 2024View all Events
Social Housing landlords – are you ready for what’s happening?
Consultations and policy deadline datesView all Articles