I am a banking and finance specialist providing legal advice to local authorities, housing associations, contractors, banks, trusts, charities, developers and JV vehicles. My experience includes advising on a variety of finance matters, such as debt and equity finance arrangements (including secured lending), project finance, housing and development finance, joint ventures, loan refinancing and restructuring.
I have experience as a major infrastructure projects lawyer which enables me to provide cohesive funding advice across a variety of project types and sectors (including housing, education, health and energy) and to manage complex projects to completion on budget and on time.
- Advising Warrington Borough council on the provision, management of and variation to loan facilities totaling in excess of £430 million to multiple housing associations.
- Advising Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust on the £261 million refinancing of the Bexley Wing of the St James's University Hospital PFI Project in 2017 comprising a mixture of bonds and notes.
- Advising Brighton & Hove City Council in relation to the financing of its £120 million joint venture with Hyde Housing to provide 1,000 new affordable and shared ownership homes.
- Advising Places for People on the creation of and lending into a number of joint ventures vehicles for the delivery of retirement housing including its £200 million venture with Octopus Investments.
- Advising Aviva Commercial Finance in relation to the funding of multiple PPP schemes in England, Scotland and Ireland.
- Advising a Bank of Ireland on a number of its PFI schemes including a voluntary termination.