I have over 20 years’ experience in the housing sector, acting as a trusted advisor to a range of registered providers (RPs), banks, institutional investors and security trustees. I advise on the property aspects of complex large scale residential property funding projects, including property due diligence support for portfolio transactions and delivering the property security aspects of mergers in the housing sector.
I also have advised for-profit and not-for profit RPs on property due diligence for intragroup transfers, portfolio sales and acquisitions as well as providing advice on property data and due diligence reviews to support strategic funding, governance and asset management requirements.
As a member of the CLLS training committee I help shape the development of learning, training and coaching of the legal profession for firms in the City of London.
I am a qualified executive coach and a parental support coach and mentor for parents going on or returning to work from maternity and paternity leave.
I’ve been recognised by Best Lawyers since 2023 in real estate law.
- Led the property charging aspects on the merger two G15 housing associations. This involved project managing and preparing due diligence for over 30,000 properties, negotiating over 30 reliance and duty of care letters and the preparation of certificates of title in tight timescales. The property elements were finalised and delivered ahead of the finance elements and won praise from the client and financial advisors for its speed and efficiency.
- Advised and led a housing association on the real estate aspects of their private placement and loan facility package worth £300 million. The new long-term debt supported its corporate plan.
- Advised a housing association on the property charging aspects of corporate finance deals involving around £350m of existing debt; £140m of new revolving credit facilities and £50m of new borrowing.
- Advised on the property aspects of the work to support a housing association on a £110m funding package from a bank, including what is believed to be a sector first £50m Green Term Loan and £60m sustainability-linked RCF. The security work involved a mix of reliance and top up due diligence and new certificates of title all required in a 6-week timeframe.
- Advised on the property security aspects on a housing provider’s £400m bond issue at one of the lowest rates ever achieved and at the height of the COVID pandemic.
- Led the property security aspects of a London housing association’s £120 million green private placement with US and Canadian investors and refinancing of all its existing loan facilities in 2022/23.