I am a commercial lawyer, specialising in services contracts and infrastructure projects within the waste and energy sectors. I advise a range of clients about contractual arrangements for waste management and environmental services, as well as district energy projects.
Before going into law I worked for nine years in the civil service, including various policy and project management roles at the Cabinet Office and Department for Culture, Media and Sport.
Summary of Experience
Waste and Resource Management:
- Advising various waste collection authorities (both single authority and multi-authority procurements) in relation to waste collection, street cleansing and grounds maintenance contracts, using procurement procedures including Competitive Dialogue and Competitive Procedure with Negotiation
- Advising various local authorities on the procurement of new dry recycled materials contracts
- Advised 3 Welsh local authorities in relation to the procurement of a new contract for organics waste treatment services
- Advised a County Council about the procurement for the build of a waste transfer station and processing of residual waste at an Energy Recovery Facility
- Advising a major City Council on restructuring and extension of a Waste PPP contract in relation to the operation of an energy from waste facility, HWRCs and waste transfer stations.
- Advising on number of projects involving energy generation from energy from waste plants, including anaerobic digestion, gasification and conventional energy from waste.
- Advising a London Borough on its decentralised energy network and the contractual documentation for the supply of heat to a major mixed use development.
- Advised a university in relation to their district energy project in their role as plot developer