Housing providers and health and social care services are increasingly engaged in supporting those with hoarding disorder.
Hannah Taylor and George Riach were joined by Louise Borzoni (ASB officer for Sovereign Network Group), Olive Quinton (founder of Lofty Heights CIC, a social enterprise) and Alexander Campbell (from Cornerstone Barristers Chambers).
The panel considered:
- What hoarding disorder is and how it can manifest;
- Practical challenges for housing providers working with tenants with hoarding disorder; and
- An overview of the different legal frameworks which might apply and the legal issues which might arise.
There was practical guidance and suggestions to:
- help engage people with hoarding disorder;
- consider management strategies for housing providers; and
- meet evidence requirements if court proceedings are required.
Louise Borzoni, Anti-Social Behaviour Officer, Sovereign Network Group, a leading housing association with approximately 60,000 homes.
Olive Quinton, founder of Lofty Heights CIC, a social enterprise supporting vulnerable people to live safely at home with decluttering, hospital discharge and house clearance services.