I am a healthcare and public sector employment specialist and have been acting for the NHS and other healthcare organisations for 15 years. I advise and support clients in relation to the whole range of employment law issues and have a particular focus on doctors, board level disputes and other regulated professionals. I advise on the interaction between regulatory, governance and employment law questions focussed on ensuring safe and best practice, aimed at avoiding litigation wherever this is reasonably possible.
Where claims cannot reasonably be avoided, I act for clients across the whole range of employment law disputes from unfair dismissal and contract disputes to complex discrimination and whistleblowing claims and in the Employment Tribunal and at appellate level.
I am recognised for providing clear; cost-effective; and client-focussed advice taking in the bigger picture beyond merely legal questions. I regularly provide client training and contribute to seminars and workshops.
Andrew's areas of expertise
- Independent Health
- Local Government
- Social Care
- Employment, Pensions & Immigration
- Contingent workforce and the gig economy
- Employment contracts and policies
- Employment advisory support
- Whistleblowing and raising concerns
- TUPE and outsourcing
- Equalities, diversity and discrimination
- Employment disputes and litigation
- Industrial relations and trade unions
- Workforce restructuring and agile working
- Health workforce
- Statutory Officer Discipline
- Combatting Sexual Harassment Training
- Employment Law Training Unit
- Large Scale Settlement Agreements