I specialise in commercial property with a particular emphasis on Landlord and Tenant asset management work, especially of large property portfolios. I work with a wide variety of major public sector and commercial clients, many of them household names. I have acted on a number of nationally recognised mixed use development projects and act for some of the largest landowners in the country on all their estate management requirements. I also act on the acquisition and disposal of investment properties.
I am also Head of our Bristol office.
David Hobbs and his team provided a first class service.
Their approach being professional, efficient with nothing being too much trouble. They were always accessible either by telephone or teams for any query we had. David taking the time to explain complex legal issues clearly to assist our decision making, coupled with having a proactive and pragmatic approach in dealing with the various matters raised by ourselves and the other parties involved in the disposal transaction.
- I act for Canal & River Trust, one of the largest landowners in the country, on a wide variety of asset management transactions including acquisitions, disposals, leases, conditional agreements for lease, licence agreements and the usual landlord and tenant work deriving from such instructions.
- I advise numerous Local Authorities on acquisition of commercial properties (usually £5m-£30m) including retail, offices and industrial and often carry out asset management work following the acquisitions. I act for some Authorities on their “business as usual” estate management work ensuring the smooth running of their commercial property portfolio.
- I advised the Electoral Commission on the lease of their head office in central London.
- I led the property elements of a yet to be constructed leisure complex in the South-West, including conditional Agreements for Lease with a cinema operator and a bowling operator.
- I advised a major energy company on their acquisition programme for associated development sites required for two new nuclear power stations. This included sites for use as a college, two park and ride schemes and for a wharf allowing large loads to be brought to one of the sites by sea.
- I co-ordinated the renewal of 450 commercial leases held by 250 tenants at a development site in London.
Bevan Brittan aids strategic shopping centre acquisition for Wirral...
The Pyramids and The Grange, Birkenhead
Somerset regeneration project welcomes new tenants
Northgate Yard, Somerset
Legal Review: Property and Environment Act
We highlighted the key topics in property from the last 12 months, including service charge developments, electric vehicles and...
Service charges – who decides what is fair?
Times Best Law Firm Spotlight: Landlord & Tenant
Dilapidations - the devil is in the detail