I am a commercial litigation partner with over 15 years’ experience in commercial litigation and contentious construction, including having worked on a number of reported cases.
My clients come from a variety of sectors and services and include local authorities, central government bodies, healthcare bodies, financial institutions, private companies and shareholders.
I advise on a wide range of litigation matters, including PFI/ projects disputes, professional negligence claims, commercial and contractual disputes, sale of goods and product liability issues, corporate and breach of warranty claims, shareholder disputes, and breach of confidentiality claims.
I deliver straightforward and cost-effective legal advice and regularly deal with all forms of dispute resolution, including Court proceedings, adjudication, expert determination, negotiation and mediation.
My aim is to get to know my client’s business and strategic aims and to implement that in the most effective and practical way.
- Acting for a local authority in successful Court of Appeal win against service provider in an issue of contractual interpretation arising from a PFI contract for highways maintenance worth approximately £2.6 billion.
- Acting for a government body in successful High Court win against DBFO Company providing services in connection with major motorway.
- Acting for an NHS Trust in respect of various disputes arising from a PFI contract for the building of a new hospital worth approximately £7 million. Case settled during negotiation stage of DRP.
- Advising local authority on dispute over insurance gain sharing provisions in a waste PPP project.
- Acting for a food distribution company in a dispute for approximately £3 million arising from the termination of an exclusive agency agreement. Case settled at mediation.
- Advising public body on invoicing dispute worth £5 million for major IT contract involving complex estoppel arguments.
- Advising manufacturer on claim for £6 million for breach of warranties and misrepresentation arising out of sale and supply of mastic. Case settled after disclosure and mediation.
- Acting for a group of investors to a joint venture where the investors were excluded from management and where the other party made a nominal offer for a share of the business. Steps taken including threatening winding-up petition and agreeing expert determination which ultimately valued the business at £3.1 million.
- Acting for leisure trust on issued claim over unpaid utilities invoices where annual charges had increased from £15,000 to £250,000 a year.
- Acting for a bank in multi-million pound professional negligence claim against monitoring surveyor for failing to properly advise as to numerous defects, including significant fire safety issues. Case settled at mediation.
- Representing public body bringing claim for professional negligence against former solicitors for £2.6 million arising from failure to enter into a Deed of Variation before the expiry of a break notice in a lease. Case settled at three party mediation with costs contributions from the property agent as well as the solicitors.
- Acting for international logistics company on claim for payment of outstanding invoices arising from installation of complex mechanical plant.
- Acting for a local authority in a claim arising from the installation of energy saving measures where significant issues had arisen in respect of fire stopping and where deductions of approximately £900,000 had been made. Experts instructed on fire safety issues.
- Advising a local authority on significant delays to a conversion project where the contractor was claiming delay costs of approximately £2 million.
Yorkshire: Tackling Climate Change
Government launches consultation on use of sprinklers in high-rise...
Consultation closes 28 November 2019
Carillion: 12 months on from a PFI perspective