I am a corporate and governance lawyer providing advice to charities, housing associations, social enterprises and local authorities.
My work includes mergers, corporate structures, collaborations and joint ventures, the set-up of diversified structures (including for development), strategic support to boards, charity vires, charitable conversions, company secretarial support and funding advice associated with corporate projects.
- Good Governance - why HAs should re-think the role of the Company Secretary
- The social housing green paper: the merry-go-round
- Deregulation: one year one
- Converting to become a Community Benefit Society: key considerations
- Bevan Brittan to become legal partner to The Pioneer Group
- Several mergers, including the formation of a group with 22,000 homes
- The consolidation of three large housing association groups and associated commercial/subsidiary re-structure
- Set-up of a new RP and trading arm for an ALMO (which was an unregistered parent)
- Set-up of the first charitable non-registered housing association to receive large scale stock from a private registered provider
- Advising on a corporate joint venture between a local authority and housing association to deliver a flexible rent model and drive income from market sales
Good Governance & the Company Secretary
Why HAs should rethink the role of Company Secretary
What does the new Housing Administration Regime mean for RPs?
The Social Housing Green Paper
The merry-go-round of Social Housing Regulation
Deregulation: one year on