Our national team are recognised experts in resolving clinical disputes for healthcare providers through Alternative Dispute Resolution and Mediation. We know that every adverse outcome has a significant impact on the injured patient, their family, and the staff and organisations that provide healthcare.
Sometimes clinical disputes before or after the litigation process has started can reach deadlock, or may require a difficult conversation between parties before a claim can be resolved or progress. Resolution is often not about damages but facilitating discussion or an offering an apology or explanation about treatment that has gone wrong.
Our experience is demonstrated with a Band 1 team rating in Chambers. Our 4 offices offer 60 lawyers who have a proven track record, engaging and facilitating mediations with nationally recognised clinical disputes mediators.
We mediate all types of clinical negligence disputes including (but not exclusively):
- Accident and Emergency
- Bariatric surgery
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Cases involving the Human Rights Act
- Catastrophic injury cases resulting in acquired brain injury and/or paraplegia
- Cosmetic and aesthetic surgery and treatment
- Dental claims
- Fertility and gynaecology services
- General Surgery
- Obstetric and neonatal cases valued up to £50 million
- Out of hours GP services
- Orthopaedic and trauma cases from missed fracture to amputations
- Prison healthcare
- Transplant surgery
- Wrongful birth cases